INFORMATION ARDEX ABAFLEX
ARDEX Abaflex is a premium grade, cement-based wall and floor tile adhesive, which has excellent flexibility and is dry enough to be grouted after 8 hours. It has superior workability and is ideal for fixing fully vitrified, porcelain, mosaics, and non-moisture sensitive natural stone tiles.
ARDEX Abaflex is suitable for use in both internal and external applications and is especially suited to high-performance situations with heavy pedestrian traffic e.g. shopping centres.
ARDEX Abaflex accommodates shrinkage movement associated with early age concrete and screeds. It can be used over concrete that is at least 7 days old and screeds and renders after 16 hours. It is flexible enough to withstand crack openings of up to 0.9mm.
ARDEX Abaflex meets the Green Building Council of Australia Green Star IEQ-13 requirements for Ceramic Tile Adhesives.
- High performance – Use in critical applications e.g. shopping centers
- Use over early age concrete/screeds and render
- Flexible – achieves S1 classification
- Non-slump – achieves T rating
- Suitable for floor and wall tiling
- Excellent workability
- Suitable for all types of tiles including fully vitrified, porcelain, natural stone, terrazzo and mosaics
- For internal and external use
- Low VOC content – meets Green Building Council of
- Australia Green Star IEQ13 requirements
TECHNICAL DATA ARDEX ABAFLEX
Porcelain, mosaics, fully vitrified, ceramic tiles, natural stone (excluding moisture sensitive)
- Cement render/screeds, concrete
- Fiber-cement sheet, compressed fiber-cement sheet, plasterboard
- Existing ceramic tiles (where the glaze is removed)
- ARDEX under tile liquid applied waterproofing membranes
Internal, External (Not suitable for swimming pools)
Walls: 7m2 per 20kg
Floors: 5m2 per 20kg